Just starting!

Just starting!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Tool #2

1. What are your thoughts about building an online education community and participating in a PLN?


2. What point stood out to you from the commenting advice?

3. What five blogs did you select for your comments? (you may need to come back and add this information later by editing this post.)

#1~ I like the idea of having an online education community as long as it includes workshops and meetings where we can meet local teachers face to face. Although I enjoy writing, I don't enjoy it all of the time. Having a community also means personal contact to me. The more people I meet and whose ideas I can learn, the better teacher I can become.
 
#2~ The commenting advice is something that everyone should read. I read comments online on news sites. It is appalling the lack of civility, education and even the lack of proper grammar that I see, even on sites like the NY Times. I take pains to flag totally inappropriate comments. I wish I could tell the jerk WHY the comment was inappropriate. Too bad moderators don't send emails so that commentators could become more educated on civil discourse.

#3~ I picked blogs that had interesting titles. I read:
       Johnny's Braindrops
      Sports Nut
       Steph's Cafe
       The Little Blogger that Could
        Doing this Because.. It's Fun!

Now I have a good idea who I can turn to for help!

No comments:

Post a Comment