Just starting!

Just starting!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tool #10

For your tool #10 assignment on YOUR blog:


1. Discuss some of the free educational apps you reviewed.
 I saw some good ones for math, like flash cards and drills, and a few games. I liked the availability of the Library of Congress and NASA. I was shocked to see that "Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Sex Toys" was on this list. Educational? Maybe. But DEFINITELY NOT for children!
    
2. OPTIONAL: If you had an opportunity to play with one of the devices, briefly describe your experience. Was there a WOW moment? I don't own one, but my brother has both an iPod and an iPhone. He's shown me a few apps that he uses. Most are emails, music or current events. I was not aware of the multitude of apps available for nearly every interest! Tutors in all languages, Google Earth, a GPS system! WOW! I am looking forward to experimenting with an iTouch. My nephew just got one; I might have to call HIM for advice!  :)



3.. Discuss ways your students could use the iTouch or iPad and appropriate apps in your class.

No comments:

Post a Comment